9,257+ courses for NEET UG
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is conducted by the National Testing Agency or NTA to grant admission to the students in MBBS, AYUSH, nursing, and veterinary courses. NEET is the only entrance exam for admission to prestigious medical institutes in India, including the All India Institute of Medical Sciences and Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research. The exam is conducted once a year in pen and paper mode.
The candidates who are appearing for the exam can check the NEET UG highlights from the below-provided table.
|Name of the exam||NEET UG – National Eligibility cum Entrance Test|
|Frequency of the exam||Once every year|
|Mode of exam||Paper and pen based|
|Type of questions||Objective, multiple choice questions|
|Total duration of the exam||3 hours|
|Number of questions||200 questions (180 to be attempted)|
|Total marks||720 marks|
|Marking scheme||4 marks for correct answers and minus 1 for wrong answers|
The candidates who are appearing for the exam should keep an eye on the important dates and events as well. For that, we have mentioned the important dates with the relevant events in the below-provided table. The candidates can keep a track of the events from here:
|Events||NEET 2023 Important Dates|
|NEET 2023 Application Form Release Date||March 6, 2023|
|Last date to submit the form||April 6, 2023|
|Last date to make payment||April 6, 2023|
|Correction window date for NEET exam 2023||Closed bow|
|Release of NEET admit card||May 3, 2023|
|NEET 2023 exam date||May 7, 2023|
|Availability of Result||June 13, 2023|
|NEET UG Counselling Dates||To be announced|
The application form for NEET UG 2023 was available online only. The main examination is 3 hours long and has three different sections – Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. The syllabus of the exam is based on the curriculum of the 11th and 12th. NEET UG 2021 was conducted in 13 different languages – Hindi, English, Bengali, Assamese, Kannada, Gujarati, Odia, Marathi, Malayalam, Telugu, Tamil, Urdu, and Punjabi.
|Subjects||Sections||Total Questions||Marks – section wise|
The candidates who are appearing for the exam can download the NEET UG 2023 admit card from the official website or through the direct link that has been provided above. The candidates who are eligible for the exam can download the admit card by entering their login credentials. The candidates should cross-check all the details mentioned in the NEET admit card such as name, roll number, date, and exam centre details. Also, they must have read the guidelines and instructions given in the NEET UG hall ticket.
NTA released the NEET UG 2023 results on June 13, 2023 at www.neet.nta.nic.in. Those who appeared for the exam will be able to check the results with the use of the appropriate login details. The candidates should make a copy of the results/scorecard for future perspective. The direct link to check the NEET 2023 results will be provided here as well. Here we have mentioned the steps to check the results also. The candidates can refer to it in order to avoid any confusion while downloading the scorecard:
Candidates who will qualify NEET UG entrance test have to attend the NEET counseling, which is the final stage of the selection process. To be a part of the counseling, candidates must register for the same beforehand. The NEET counseling process takes place in three rounds and candidates are allotted seats based on the marks acquired in the exam. The Medical Counseling Committee conducts the counseling for 15 percent of All India counseling quota seats. The state admission committees conduct counseling for the remaining 85 percent of seats for state admissions and private institutes.
MCC will conduct the NEET UG 2023 counselling in online mode only. NEET UG counselling will include the choice filling and locking procedures also. The candidates who will be allotted the seats in the counselling will have to report to the college under the given time period. The seat allocation will be on the basis of All India Rank of the candidates. Seat availability, choice of entered colleges, reservation of seats and much more. NEET counselling rounds will be conducted in 4 stages which are as follows – round one, two, mop-up round and stray counselling round. However, the admission will be based on the various components such as residency, domicile, etc. It is important to note that the candidates should meet the state admission criteria before applying for the NEET state counselling 2023.
The candidates should bring the following documents at the time of counselling at the counsellng centre:
"This strategy helped me a lot while solving the numericals..."
9,257+ courses for NEET UG
Get the important frequently asked questions for NEET Exam.
Answer: NEET 2023 registration is expected to start in the 1st week of March 2023.